Author Topic: New USA member looking for some euro parts!  (Read 14562 times)

carkid15

• DSM FOR LIFE
    • View Profile
New USA member looking for some euro parts!
« on: January 15, 2008, 23:23:06 PM »
Hi guys Im a new member here from Wisconsin, USA. Id just like to say that you have some nice looking cars over there. And I was wondering what it would take to purchase and ship over here some euro (1990) 1ga turbo gst/gsx bumper covers and electric mirrors. I like some of the euro parts a lot better than some of the usdm parts. Attatched, if i did it right, is a pic of my car.
BOOST an adiction only curable by bankruptsy!

UITTO-

• Extreme Member
  • dsm
    • View Profile
Re: New USA member looking for some euro parts!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 23:49:49 PM »
Didn´t do it right ;)

Welcome to DSMCF though :)

teme

• Administrator
  • Über Member
  • eclipse gs -94 & gs-t -90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 00:59:01 AM »
Hi guys Im a new member here from Wisconsin, USA. Id just like to say that you have some nice looking cars over there. And I was wondering what it would take to purchase and ship over here some euro (1990) 1ga turbo gst/gsx bumper covers and electric mirrors. I like some of the euro parts a lot better than some of the usdm parts. Attatched, if i did it right, is a pic of my car.

No pictures attached....

There are no turbo versions of european models. All are n/a cars. Every turbo car here is imported from US/Japan(which are imported from US naturally), or self built from n/a car..

If you look at my cars really old pictures from here, you can see the stock look:
http://www.dsmclubfinland.com/ajokit/teme/ajokki.php
(rear bumber has a skirt"spoiler" that is not stock, but which was offered as an option when the car was in sale back in the 90's.. Not Mitsubishi made..)

And edm model bumbers are identical to the early models of usdm turbo cars. As you can see from here(car is built in 1990 model, but built in 89):
http://www.dsmclubfinland.com/ajokit/psy-j/ajokki.php
(black parts have just been painted to match the body color)

So you can get same kind of bumbers from somewhere US, I wouldn't see any point trying to ship from here  8-)

I can trade my mirrors for your usdm mirrors if they are 100% okay, I like those usdm mirrors best.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 01:07:13 AM by admin »
"If it doesn't make your car faster....why bother.."
"And no, it's not turbo lag.... It's foreplay"

carkid15

• DSM FOR LIFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 22:57:10 PM »
Ive never seen the rear bumper spoiler ever before on any usdm dsm on any forums or galleries so I figured it was a euro only part. Is it a seperate piece bolted on to the rear bumper or is it a part of the bumper? because I will do almost anything to get one in good shape, color doesnt matter. I am an auto body technician so I can easily repaint it.

As far as my mirrors go I have multiple sets but the only real nice condition ones I have are painted white to match my car.  Otherwise I have a descent condition set of manual ones,they are just a little faded thats all, that i would be more than willing to trade.

Also the lower front lip on your front bumper Ive never really been able to track one of those down either through the forums or on ebay and I really really want one in a bad way. They are not very common in the U.S. but I have seen them, are they common by you? If so I would really like to get my hands on one.

I am eager to to learn about the differences between edm and usdm DSMs and I am very willing and able to trade or sell usdm parts to you guys I am a hardcore DSM enthusiast. If you know of anything you would like that isnt domestically available to you let me know. My personal e-mail is carkid15@yahoo.com

I dont know what you guys are able to see or not on the internet since Im assuming most of you dont speak afluent English and then again you might I have no idea? but If you dont know here are some U.S. DSM sites that are loaded with info:

www.dsmtuners.com
www.dsmtalk.com
www.clubdsm.org
www.4g63t.com
www.4g63hp.com
www.eagletalon.net
www.machv.com
www.dsm1eights.com (I dont know if you guys have 1.8L DSMs or not but heres the only site that is specific to them.)
www.2gnt.com
www.dsmsource.com
www.slowboyracing.com
www.ffwdconnection.com
www.ongreenperformance.com

Last but not least how do I post pics I tried attatching and that didnt work so good!
  Thanks

teme

• Administrator
  • Über Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 23:21:40 PM »
I dont know what you guys are able to see or not on the internet since Im assuming most of you dont speak afluent English and then again you might I have no idea?
I think nowadays there are more english speaking persons in Finland than there are in the US.(I mean compared to population rate) hehe  8-)

We browse alot of information from sites that are in english...

Ive never seen the rear bumper spoiler ever before on any usdm dsm on any forums or galleries so I figured it was a euro only part.
Yeah, the bumber spoiler was sold only in europe, it was made by company called Vestatec. They don't do these anymore, so the only way is the get a used one..

s it a seperate piece bolted on to the rear bumper or is it a part of the bumper? because I will do almost anything to get one in good shape, color doesnt matter. I am an auto body technician so I can easily repaint it.  
Yup, it's a seperate piece, which is just attached to the bumber. With some glue stuff. We are currently planning to make replicas from fiberglass. So that everytime someone is looking for one, we can arrange somebody to make one..

As far as my mirrors go I have multiple sets but the only real nice condition ones I have are painted white to match my car.  Otherwise I have a descent condition set of manual ones,they are just a little faded thats all, that i would be more than willing to trade.

I would need electric mirrors, don't like manuals so much..

..And as for the parts, if you don't mind spending few bucks more, order them from Mitsubishi parts dealer. I can get you all edm part numbers you need, so just order them from Mitsu dealer..

If you want to chat, we use IRC. And we have own channel #DSMCF which is on Ircnet servers. (can access for example from http://chat.ircnet.org/ )I use also MSN, so you can contact me that way(address is seen in my profile)

Just remember the time difference, it's UTC+2 here (EasternEuropenTime)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 23:22:17 PM by admin »

carkid15

• DSM FOR LIFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 04:33:49 AM »
It would be much appreciated if you could find those part numbers for me, or at least tell me where I can find either the part numbers or a used rear bumper spoiler because I want one in a bad way.

Also you guys have manual seat belts right not the automatic ones like we have over here.  I want a set of dark grey upper pillar panels from a car with manual belts so that I can cover up the belt track when I switch to racing harnesses.

And one last thing before you get annoyed with me too badly. Ive seen pics of euro dsms with a removable roof like what the Supras have, where can I find one of those cars or at least all of the parts needed to cut apart and convert my car.

I dont know how to put up pics of my car but you can see it if you like at
www.cardomain.com/id/carkid15

I am perfectly willing to ship over usdm parts if you know of anything you want, just let me know! ;D

teme

• Administrator
  • Über Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 11:28:38 AM »
It would be much appreciated if you could find those part numbers for me, or at least tell me where I can find either the part numbers or a used rear bumper spoiler because I want one in a bad way.
Just list parts that you want, I will check the part numbers. Or you you can check from CAPS if you find it somewhere(also you have to find separate cd with european market models in it)

And one last thing before you get annoyed with me too badly. Ive seen pics of euro dsms with a removable roof like what the Supras have, where can I find one of those cars or at least all of the parts needed to cut apart and convert my car.
This is quite rare, and as far as we know, this was only some "limited edition". It was named "CT". And they stopped manufacturing after bunch of cars. So there really aren't so many around. I have seen only one of those for sale in Finland. It was sold originally only in Germany I think....

CT:
http://www.dsmclubfinland.com/yabbfiles/Attachments/8609540325.jpg
http://www.dsmclubfinland.com/files/temp/eclipsect1.jpg
http://www.dsmclubfinland.com/files/temp/eclipsect2.jpg
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 11:44:28 AM by admin »

UITTO-

• Extreme Member
  • dsm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 14:09:55 PM »
Didn´t we have one targa eclipse for sale in finlad a time ago??

teme

• Administrator
  • Über Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 14:23:46 PM »
Didn´t we have one targa eclipse for sale in finlad a time ago??

I just said that in my previous post....Do you want me to buy you some reading glasses? They are really cheap from some gas station  ;D

btw. little respect for our country, it's Finland, not finlad  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 14:25:17 PM by admin »

carkid15

• DSM FOR LIFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 22:01:28 PM »
Wow that Roof is damn fine. Too bad I wont be able to have one. :'( I would kill to get my hands on one of those.  

The parts #s that I would like is the front lip and the edm mirrors and I would like to know where or how I could track down a rear bumper lip/spoiler.

Thank you.

teme

• Administrator
  • Über Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 23:10:39 PM »
Wow that Roof is damn fine. Too bad I wont be able to have one. :'( I would kill to get my hands on one of those.  

The parts #s that I would like is the front lip and the edm mirrors and I would like to know where or how I could track down a rear bumper lip/spoiler.

Thank you.

The front lip is MB631124. They are found in edm 1g models, and 1990 year model usdm GS-T eclipse

Edm mirrors are MB882677/MB882678. They are power mirrors with heater.

There might be one rear skirt on sale for you on sale soon. I will let you know..
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 23:19:43 PM by admin »

carkid15

• DSM FOR LIFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2008, 07:09:50 AM »
AWSOME! ;D  :D :)

Ya let me know when one of those 'Bumper skirts" is available

Thank you........

carkid15

• DSM FOR LIFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2008, 23:14:10 PM »
Whats the word on that rear bumper skirt coming? Is there any way I can get one, I just bought the front lip, now I just need the rear skirt........

Thanks

carkid15

• DSM FOR LIFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2008, 09:58:14 AM »
Whats the status on the bumper skirt deal here Im still looking for one and nobody is responding! :-/

teme

• Administrator
  • Über Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2008, 14:14:15 PM »
Whats the status on the bumper skirt deal here Im still looking for one and nobody is responding! :-/

Sorry, no extra ones are available at the moment :( If someone has one for sale, I will let you know...