Yleinen keskustelu > English talk

New USA member looking for some euro parts!

(1/3) > >>

carkid15:
Hi guys Im a new member here from Wisconsin, USA. Id just like to say that you have some nice looking cars over there. And I was wondering what it would take to purchase and ship over here some euro (1990) 1ga turbo gst/gsx bumper covers and electric mirrors. I like some of the euro parts a lot better than some of the usdm parts. Attatched, if i did it right, is a pic of my car.

UITTO-:
Didnīt do it right ;)

Welcome to DSMCF though :)

teme:

--- Quote ---Hi guys Im a new member here from Wisconsin, USA. Id just like to say that you have some nice looking cars over there. And I was wondering what it would take to purchase and ship over here some euro (1990) 1ga turbo gst/gsx bumper covers and electric mirrors. I like some of the euro parts a lot better than some of the usdm parts. Attatched, if i did it right, is a pic of my car.

--- End quote ---

No pictures attached....

There are no turbo versions of european models. All are n/a cars. Every turbo car here is imported from US/Japan(which are imported from US naturally), or self built from n/a car..

If you look at my cars really old pictures from here, you can see the stock look:
http://www.dsmclubfinland.com/ajokit/teme/ajokki.php
(rear bumber has a skirt"spoiler" that is not stock, but which was offered as an option when the car was in sale back in the 90's.. Not Mitsubishi made..)

And edm model bumbers are identical to the early models of usdm turbo cars. As you can see from here(car is built in 1990 model, but built in 89):
http://www.dsmclubfinland.com/ajokit/psy-j/ajokki.php
(black parts have just been painted to match the body color)

So you can get same kind of bumbers from somewhere US, I wouldn't see any point trying to ship from here  8-)

I can trade my mirrors for your usdm mirrors if they are 100% okay, I like those usdm mirrors best.

carkid15:
Ive never seen the rear bumper spoiler ever before on any usdm dsm on any forums or galleries so I figured it was a euro only part. Is it a seperate piece bolted on to the rear bumper or is it a part of the bumper? because I will do almost anything to get one in good shape, color doesnt matter. I am an auto body technician so I can easily repaint it.

As far as my mirrors go I have multiple sets but the only real nice condition ones I have are painted white to match my car.  Otherwise I have a descent condition set of manual ones,they are just a little faded thats all, that i would be more than willing to trade.

Also the lower front lip on your front bumper Ive never really been able to track one of those down either through the forums or on ebay and I really really want one in a bad way. They are not very common in the U.S. but I have seen them, are they common by you? If so I would really like to get my hands on one.

I am eager to to learn about the differences between edm and usdm DSMs and I am very willing and able to trade or sell usdm parts to you guys I am a hardcore DSM enthusiast. If you know of anything you would like that isnt domestically available to you let me know. My personal e-mail is carkid15@yahoo.com

I dont know what you guys are able to see or not on the internet since Im assuming most of you dont speak afluent English and then again you might I have no idea? but If you dont know here are some U.S. DSM sites that are loaded with info:

www.dsmtuners.com
www.dsmtalk.com
www.clubdsm.org
www.4g63t.com
www.4g63hp.com
www.eagletalon.net
www.machv.com
www.dsm1eights.com (I dont know if you guys have 1.8L DSMs or not but heres the only site that is specific to them.)
www.2gnt.com
www.dsmsource.com
www.slowboyracing.com
www.ffwdconnection.com
www.ongreenperformance.com

Last but not least how do I post pics I tried attatching and that didnt work so good!
  Thanks

teme:

--- Quote ---I dont know what you guys are able to see or not on the internet since Im assuming most of you dont speak afluent English and then again you might I have no idea?
--- End quote ---
I think nowadays there are more english speaking persons in Finland than there are in the US.(I mean compared to population rate) hehe  8-)

We browse alot of information from sites that are in english...

--- Quote ---Ive never seen the rear bumper spoiler ever before on any usdm dsm on any forums or galleries so I figured it was a euro only part.
--- End quote ---
Yeah, the bumber spoiler was sold only in europe, it was made by company called Vestatec. They don't do these anymore, so the only way is the get a used one..

--- Quote ---s it a seperate piece bolted on to the rear bumper or is it a part of the bumper? because I will do almost anything to get one in good shape, color doesnt matter. I am an auto body technician so I can easily repaint it.  
--- End quote ---
Yup, it's a seperate piece, which is just attached to the bumber. With some glue stuff. We are currently planning to make replicas from fiberglass. So that everytime someone is looking for one, we can arrange somebody to make one..

--- Quote ---As far as my mirrors go I have multiple sets but the only real nice condition ones I have are painted white to match my car.  Otherwise I have a descent condition set of manual ones,they are just a little faded thats all, that i would be more than willing to trade.
--- End quote ---

I would need electric mirrors, don't like manuals so much..

..And as for the parts, if you don't mind spending few bucks more, order them from Mitsubishi parts dealer. I can get you all edm part numbers you need, so just order them from Mitsu dealer..

If you want to chat, we use IRC. And we have own channel #DSMCF which is on Ircnet servers. (can access for example from http://chat.ircnet.org/ )I use also MSN, so you can contact me that way(address is seen in my profile)

Just remember the time difference, it's UTC+2 here (EasternEuropenTime)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version