Yleinen keskustelu > English talk

Greetings and problems from Estonia

<< < (2/8) > >>

Pim_the_Ihme:
Hi. Nice car you have.  :)

Anyway here is a webpage I found and it contains a full schmatic of how to swap the 1G engine into a 2G car. http://www.magnusmotorsports.com/tech/1gina2g.pdf

Paha Poiss:

--- Quote ---Hi. Nice car you have.  :)

Anyway here is a webpage I found and it contains a full schmatic of how to swap the 1G engine into a 2G car. http://www.magnusmotorsports.com/tech/1gina2g.pdf
--- End quote ---

Thanks... but I already have this link (and many others) in my bookmarks about the swap...  :)

teme:

--- Quote ---I don't want to rebuild the engine because of the crank walk issue 2G enginges have.
--- End quote ---

In stock engines yeah. This is because Mitsubishi built many defective crankshafts, which were machined out of specification and are thus capable of moving around too much inside the block.

But if you get all new bearings and take the whole block and crankshaft etc.. for machine shop for full balancing and checking. You will not have any crankwalk problems.

--- Quote ---Since I'm planning to build a street/drag car the 2G engine block can't handle the power.
--- End quote ---
And this isn't true. If you build your 2g engine from scratch it will be as good as any 6bolt engine you will build up. They are not so good engines stock as 1g but still when build yourself, you will get great engine.

Paha Poiss:
As you probably have read, that there have been different arguments about "what causes crank walk". One of them has been what you just mentioned,  one was about too small oil passages in the 2G engine block, another about too soft alloy of the block and so on...

Even if it helps, I would have to buy a new 2G engine and have it machined, because my engine block was badly damaged when it was blown. So it would be double as expensive (engine+machining).

Thanks for the suggestion thou.. :)

teme:

--- Quote ---because my engine block was badly damaged when it was blown. So it would be double as expensive (engine+machining).
--- End quote ---

Ah oke. Well then it's different story if your block is badly damaged.  Let us know how your work is progressing!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version