Yleinen keskustelu > English talk

Greetings and problems from Estonia

(1/8) > >>

Paha Poiss:
Hi, to you all...
Nice site you have over here... Hope we manage to put one up in Estonia also...

Actually I have a problem and I was wondering if you guys can help me out. A car service shop basically blew up my engine and I need a new one... Although my car is a 2G, I want the 1G engine. I am thinking of doing the 6-bolt swap.

And heres the question does anyone have or know someone who has a 1'st generation 4G63T engine... Or a GVR-4 engine.. or EVO III engine.

I can't find one in Estonia and the company dealing with JDM engines says that they can't even get one from Japan. So... I am in a desperate situation.
I hope you can help...

Thanks

Here are few pictures of my car when it was still ok...

it would be a shame to be kept in garage in summer because of no engine  :'(

teme:
Greetings!
Really nice ride you have there.

We have atleast one company here in Finland who can bring engines from Japan. But it may take damn long to get it, almost 6months.

But why exactly do you want to swap to 6bolt? If you build your 7bolt engine from scratch you will get as good as 6bolt engine. And as 1G cyl. head is better than 2G. You can buy any 88-92 Galant GTi 16v dohc cylinder head or 1g n/a cylinder head, and use it in your 7bolt block, they are identical with turbo heads.

Please do tell more of what you want to do with your future engine setup, we'll be glad to help out  8-)

If you want I can give you contact info to that store who brings engines from japan. Or you can check out www.japan.fi

--- Quote --- Nice site you have over here... Hope we manage to put one up in Estonia also...
--- End quote ---
Now here we have a bussines idea of somekind hehe  ;D If you guys in estonia need your own good forum/site we could somehow make them work inside our server. I could do you a forum and a picture gallery like ours, just in estonia language, and address would be own as well ex. www.estoniadsm.com  ;D

Tervis:
I like your car. GSX  :P ;)

JanZi:

--- Quote ---Hi, to you all...
 Although my car is a 2G, I want the 1G engine. I am thinking of doing the 6-bolt swap.

And heres the question does anyone have or know someone who has a 1'st generation 4G63T engine... Or a GVR-4 engine.. or EVO III engine.
--- End quote ---

Hello!

I know a guy in Latvia, who put 1G 4G63T engine into 2G talon. Actually there were (and still are) many problems to do this engine swap correctly, i.e.  electrical mistakes, and finally, 1G engine does not fit correctly in 2G body - there is ~ 2 centimeters offset from correct position, that cause more load to front axles.

I agree with Teme, easier will be to take Your exist engine and build it up!

Anyway, If You need more info about 1G engine swap, I can talk to that guy who has done it and find out more for You.  ;)

Paha Poiss:
Hi,

Thanks for the concern, but I already know that there have to be made some modifications and I am willing to do them. My friend here has done the same swap already (and the engine works perfectly). And most of the DSM tuners in USA also have done the swap.

I don't want to rebuild the engine because of the crank walk issue 2G enginges have. Since I'm planning to build a street/drag car the 2G engine block can't handle the power. Therefore I need either 1G (89-92), Galant VR-4 (89-93) or evo III engine.

I called www.japan.fi and they might have an engine in February but it is not sure thou.

Thanks for the answers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version